Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Unit 9 Reflection

This where I got This
     This unit was mostly about the taxonomy and classifying what organisms belong in each kingdom. We had a presentation called "What on earth evolved." It was based on a book called What On Earth Evolved? We got to chose an animal, from the book, that changed the world.
You can find this picture here
     For example, I chose the Earthworm, for some reason, and I got to make a presentation on any information I could find about the organism. Later I would have to present this topic to my class which was not that successful. I ended up getting really nervous and really boring because of it. Later in the year I will have to make a Ted Talk presentation on my 20 time project.

You can view my presentation here

     Also, we learned how we are related to a common ancestor and how we evolve through mass extinctions. We watched a PBS series about our inner fish which is called My Inner Fish. This series showed an anatomist and his adventures of finding bones that link gapes in Phylogenetic trees. The Tiktaalik is one example of what he found and it was an animal that showed the transition between water to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment