Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Unit 8 Review

     In this unit the biggest thing or theme we have learned was evaluation. For example, we learned about gene frequency which is the change of the amount of alleles in a population. Any change of the allele frequency means evaluation has taken place.
Where this picture came from
     Another big concept we learned was speciation. This is where one population is separated by geological means. That is one of many ways speciation can happen. The out come of speciation is potentially an entirely new animal all together that can not reproduce with its original animal.
     One of the last things we did was that we made a geological time line of the earth. We learned the scale and what happened during the earths creation. If you want more information on this please check out my other blog post Here.
      The only question I have for this unit is what did the first multicellular organism look like? I guess the scientist will find out eventually.
      In unit 7 our class worked on being assertive and continued this to this unit in group projects. You can view a video about this here. In the geological timeline of Earth our class practiced on how to be assertive. In my group I felt like the leader and carried my own weight as well as I told other people what to do kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment